Albea Indonesia Commitment to Circular Beauty Packaging

Environmental issues are increasingly being promoted in the world. Garbage is something that continues to be discussed, especially its effect on environmental sustainability. Indonesia alone produces at least 64 million tons of waste annually, of which 3.4 million tons are thrown into the sea. This, of course, will be a threat to marine ecosystems and humans in the future. While the largest contributor to waste, 59% is plastic packaging waste, both food packaging and other packaging.

Based on “THE ECONOMIC, SOCIAL, AND ENVIRONMENTAL BENEFITS OF A CIRCULAR ECONOMY IN INDONESIA”, issued by the Ministry of National Development Planning/Bappenas January 2021, Indonesia should reduce and recycle 36% of plastic packaging waste by 2030. The Ministry of Environment and Forestry issues Ministerial Regulation no. 75/2019 (MR 75/2019), which sets a strict target business to achieve by 2029 – requires businesses to reduce plastic, aluminium, glass, and paper waste by 30% between 2020 and 2029. Presidential Regulation no. 97 of 2017 (also known as JAKSTRNAS), aims to reduce 30% of waste and manage the remaining 70% of waste by 2025. Coupled with Presidential Regulation No. 83/2018, it aims to reduce marine plastic waste by 70 percent by 2025 and has paved the way for the Indonesian National Plastic Action Partnership (NPAP).

The real manifestation of Albea Indonesia’s commitment

Albea Indonesia as part of the Albea Group, which is a manufacturer of cosmetic and beauty packaging, is committed to playing an active role in sustainability development. Since 2004 Albea Indonesia has made various innovations that involve all employees and seeks to develop partnerships with customers, suppliers, and the community.

Albea Indonesia’s priorities that continue to be promoted include the use of resins that are safe for human health (no carcinogenic or mutagenic potential) and safe for processing. Entered the Resin Identification Code (RIC) list and there were no harmful problems during the recycling process. Plastics that have been reprocessed for reuse in new manufacture and consist of recycled mixtures or resins that would otherwise be a municipal waste. And keep looking materials derived from renewable energy or biomass production (sugar cane, wood, corn, starch, etc.) As a tangible manifestation of the effort to run a circular economy, Albea Indonesia has signed the New Economic Plastic Global Commitment, besides that Albea continues to strive to increase the rating on Ecovadis which they have achieved with a Silver rating. Albea Indonesia also continue to carry out environmentally friendly campaigns as part of consumer and end user education for the products that Albea Indonesia offers. Albea Indonesia as a supplier of plastic packaging is ready to create a circular economy with consumers who have the same vision for a better future.

For further information, please contact Albea’s website at www.albea-group.id

or Instagram @Albeaindonesia