Govt extends micro-scale restrictions till June 28

The Indonesian government has decided to extend micro-scale public activity restrictions (PPKM) by two more weeks, starting Tuesday (June 15, 2021). Several activities will be adjusted as per the PPKM policy. Offices located in red zones, which have a high risk of COVID-19 transmission, will be allowed to operate at 25 percent capacity with employees working in rotation. The remaining 75 percent employees will have to work from home.

The government has relaxed the PPKM policy for offices located in orange or yellow zones, which have a moderate risk of COVID-19 transmission, allowing them to operate at 50 percent capacity. The government has also prescribed online classes for all schools in sub-districts categorized as red zones. To reduce crowds, the government has appealed to people in red zones to worship at home. Meanwhile, shopping centers and restaurants will be required to close at 9 p.m.